Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 502
1
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: Today at 10:38:40 am »
Workout 106C (hip thrust main lift):

Hip thrust: 60x10, 100x10, 100x10, 100x10, 100x10, 100x10 (all great, complete hip drive)
V-grip pulls to chest 70x10, 70x10
Leg extension isometrics: 20s full extension, 20s 20 degrees, 20s 45 degrees
Leg curls: 80x10, 80x10
Ab wheel rollouts: 2x10
Leg press isometrics: 40x20s, 90x20s, 130x20s, 130x20s

Time of workout: 16:10-17:00
Workout duration: 50 min
Exhaustion level: 7/10
Bodyweight: 89.9 kg (no idea why I'm so heavy)
Rating: Good

Comments: 5 tons of hip thrust tonnage in my work sets. All done with complete hip extension and great control. Very happy.

2
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: October 01, 2026, 06:03:21 pm »
Yes, the set also takes quite a lot of time to finish. When you do squats you do 5 reps and you can do them pretty fast and be done. If you do BSSs, you do 8-10 reps and the effort is pretty high for a longer time. You need to put in effort to counter potential body rotations, losing balance, controlling the descent, holding the dumbbells in your hands which gets tiring quickly when using 30kg+ dumbbells also plays an important role.

3
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: October 01, 2026, 09:25:16 am »
Workout 105B (bench main lift):

Bench press: 20x5, 20x5, 50x5, 60x3, 70x4, 65x6, 60x6
BSS: BWx8, BWx8, 60x8, 60x8 (30 kg dumbbells, difficult, exhausting)
Landmine push press: barx8, bar+20x10, bar+20x10
Chinups: 5, 5
V-grip pulls to chest: 40x6 (single arm), 64x10
Pallof press: 2 small plates x 10 (each side), 3 small plates x 10 (each side)

Time of workout: 15:15-16:00
Workout duration: 45 min
Exhaustion level: 10/10
Bodyweight: 89.5 kg, but I think it measured wrong
Rating: Fine

Comments: Bench press stuck at 4 reps at 70 kg. Took weight off to maintain some volume, so did the second set with -5kg and the third set with -5kg again. The Bulgarian split squats take everything out of me, those dumbbells in my arms feel very heavy and I have to maintain balance (put my foot on the pads of the hanging crunches machine and I was afraid it would move with me, so I had to be extra careful) and after even the first set I feel like I should go home. I don't know why they are so difficult - it could be balance, my back injury, breathing, lack of stability, I don't know. Very exhausting workout.

4
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: September 30, 2026, 11:40:12 am »
i know both of those two i mentioned, learned a lot on here..

Wait, really? 🤔

5
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: September 30, 2026, 11:39:01 am »
I guess people woke up to proper training. Who knew?

6
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 28, 2026, 03:22:10 pm »
Workout 104A (squat main lift):

Athletic stance squat: 20x5, 20x5, 60x5, 80x5, 100x5 (felt like 7RM), 90x5, 80x5
Dumbbell bench press: 40x10, 40x7, 40x6 (20 kg dumbbells)
Landmine single leg deadlift: 40x10, 40x8L6R
Triceps pulldowns: 5 small + 1 large plate x 15, 5 small + 3 large plates x 15, 5 small + 3 large plates x 11
Leg raises: 8, 8

Time of workout: 21:10 - 22:00
Workout duration: 50 min
Exhaustion level: 9/10
Bodyweight: 88.9 kg
Rating: Very good

Comments: Happy with the squat - felt leg driven, the quads were firing good, athletic stance. Back in the day my squats were wide stance and with a belt, so it's not fair to compare today's squats with those. Dumbbell bench press was fine, they stretch my pecs quite a bit more than barbell benches. Will use the same weight the next time. The landmines were fine but felt heavy, although the biggest limitation was holding the bar, even with straps. I had to stop in the second set because the grip was failing. Will grab the very end of the bar the next time, instead of holding the rotating head. Triceps were fine but I run out of steam very quickly on them.

7
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 28, 2026, 12:44:36 pm »
I'm switching to a bit different program, now.

Workout A (squat main lift): Squat 3x5, Dumbbell bench press 3x10, Landmine single leg deadlift 2x10, Triceps pulldowns 2x15, Leg raises 2x10
Workout B (bench main lift): Bench press 3x5, BSS 3x10, Landmine push press 3x10, Chinups 3xAMRAP, Pallof press 2x10
Workout C (hip thrust main lift): Hip thrust: 3x10, V-grip pulls to chest 3x10, Leg curls 3x10, Leg press isometrics 3x20s, Ab wheel rollouts 3x10

This should cover well all the relevant areas. I'm not forgetting about calves, I will do them at home, every day, single leg with a 32 kg kettlebell in the working leg's arm.

8
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 26, 2026, 10:55:28 am »
16 years ago vs this year


9
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 23, 2026, 03:26:20 pm »
Gym work 103

Bench press: 20x5, 40x5, 60x3, 70x4, 70x3, 60x7, 40x15
Medium bar squat: 20x5, 50x5, 80x5, 100x5 (hip flexor injury still there, but better, felt like 7-8RM), 80x5, 80x5
V-grip pulls to chest: 64x10, 96x8, 120x2, 64x8
Leg extensions: 64x10, 64x10
Leg curls (one continuous superset): 104x4++96x3++88x3++80x3++72x3

Workout time: 21:00-22:00
Workout duration: 1h
Bodyweight in the morning: 89.0 kg (+0.4 kg)
Exhaustion level: 8/10

Comments: A good workout. Bench wasn't that bad. Squat also wasn't that bad, I was surprised to do 100x5, especially after the fatigue from the previous workout and my hip flexor injury. Interestingly enough, I felt some good contribution from the right leg, which is rare. Let's see if the leg extensions flare up my right knee issues, I did them slow and controlled, with no jerky movements.

10
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 21, 2026, 04:02:45 pm »
Gym work 102

Dumbbell Bulgarian split squats: 40x8, 40x8, 40x8 (20 kg dumbbells)
Dumbbell incline bench press: 40x10, 40x7, 40x6 (20 kg dumbbells)
Hip thrust: 60x10, 100x5, 120x5, 160x4 (felt like 4RM), 140x4, 100x8
Biceps curls (machine weights): some weight x 10 reps x 3
Back supported leg raises: 6, 6

Workout time: 21:50-21:45
Workout duration: 55min
Bodyweight in the morning: 88.6 kg (+0.6 kg)
Exhaustion level: 9/10

Comments: OKish workout. 160x4 felt like 4RM in the hip thrust and also didn't achieve complete hip hyperextension. Terrible neck and thoracic pain during night, barely slept due to pain. That's the main concern. I would stay away from loading my spine, at least for a while.

11
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 16, 2026, 03:41:18 pm »
Gym work 101

Medium bar squat (a bit wider stance): 20x5, 20x5, 60x5, 100x3, 100x3 (groin pain, thought it was 90 kg :D)
Half squat: 80x5, 80x5
Bench press, narrow grip: 20x8, 20x5, 50x5, 60x3, 70x3, 65x5, 65x3 (difficult)
Hip thrust: 60x10, 90x10, 120x5, 120x5 (very tiring)
Deadlift: 90x5
Seated calf raises: 50x25s (iso hold), 50x8reps++50x10s
Straight leg back supported leg raises: 10, 10

Workout time: 21:00-22:00
Workout duration: 1h
Bodyweight in the morning: 89.3 kg (+1.3 kg)
Exhaustion level: 10/10

Comments: Felt tired, although I felt refreshed in the morning. I was just out of it today. Also did 100x3 thinking it was just 90 kg. My squat is just weak, even given the groin injury limitation. Not to mention my bench.

12
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 11, 2026, 02:19:30 pm »
Went in the park, played some 1:30 hours of 3 on 3, moved pretty well, but I'm still limited sprinting or running forward. I could move side to side pretty well though. Had a few dunks, although the rim is really bent now so it's low, has to be around 2.85m or so. Also had a standing VJ dunk, with no steps. Imagine if I could actually use momentum in my two footed jumps and I wouldn't be injured.

13
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 10, 2026, 09:16:40 am »
Gym work 100

Medium bar squat (narrow stance): 20x5, 60x5, 80x5, 100x2 (felt sharp pain in the hip flexor/adductor area, stopped)
Half squat: 80x3, 60x3 (good)
Hang power snatches: 20x5
Bench press, narrow grip: 20x5, 50x5, 60x3 (felt pain in left wrist), 70x3 (difficult, pain in left wrist), 60x5 (pain in left wrist, stopped)
Landmine deadlift: bar+20x8, bar+20x8
Landmine push press: bar+20x8
Seated calf raises: 20x10, 40x10
Standing single leg calf raises: 25 kg dumbbell x 10

Workout time: 15:05-16:00
Workout duration: 55min
Bodyweight in the morning: 88.0 kg (-1.6 kg)
Exhaustion level: 8.5/10

Comments: Hip injury there, felt like totally limiting my 100 kg squat so I did just two reps. They feel difficult with a narrow stance, as I have to keep myself organized, but I think the movement itself should be beneficial for my goals. Also in the bench press I felt left wrist pain so I had to stop there as well - maybe it was from the snatches. All in all, I'm working around quite a bit of injuries: cervical spine, thoracic spine, left wrist, left hip flexors/adductor, right illiotibial band, left clavicle, right elbow, right knee.

14
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 10, 2026, 07:33:48 am »
Interesting idea. My legs just aren't "alive", but probably the adductor/hip flexor thing plays an important role. Even without it, though, my landing is forward when I do consecutive hurdle jumps, even if they are 8 inches tall. I look at the ground to see where I land/not to step on them, which affects my movement. I do the same when I try to jump - I need to see where the ground is when I plant. So there are issues like these which sabotage me. I don't know how people jump looking at the rim - how do you know where the ground is?

I think the biggest benefit for me would be to start doing consecutive hurdle jumps and bounds, when and if my injury goes away. So far there's still pain there so I can't really be explosive right now.

15
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: September 09, 2026, 08:53:24 am »
Plyo workout 1 (groin injury):

Dynamic warmup
--------------------
30m runs: 4, at 50%, groin injury substantially limited me
Pogos (forward and backward): 2x20m (good)
Low hurdle hops: 4x3 (very bad form)
Low hurdle hops (single leg) 4x3 (at some point, my leg collapsed under me)
Broad jumps: tried, but they were all under 2m, which is saying something

Workout time: 14:50-15:30
Workout duration: 40m
Bodyweight in the morning: 88.0 kg
Exhaustion level: 7/10

Comments: Felt the weakest and unexplosive ever. I was severely limited by my left adductor/hip flexor - couldn't run, landings were painful and at some point my leg collapsed on a landing, since I couldn't fire that area quick and strong enough. I couldn't sprint at all, it wasn't a possible movement, only "run". All the ground contacts felt weak and lack any kind of explosive isometric ability. The broad jumps weren't even 2 meters long, as I couldn't really "jump". I wonder if this is just because of the injury or old age catching up to me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 502