Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 502
1471
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: August 13, 2014, 05:23:26 am »
Plus, it depends what vag means by being on the heavier side.

If he means being at 85 kg with 9% bodyfat, then I'm 100% with him.
If he means being at 85 kg with 18% bodyfat, then why the heck would you want to be there? Just so you say "I'm heavier and harder to push around and a Mark Rippetoe prototype MAN"?

1472
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: August 13, 2014, 05:21:22 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oScNAqyv4ug" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oScNAqyv4ug</a>

1473
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:48:00 am »
I like that once he gets that positive shin angle the actual power comes from the hips at the end, before the triple extension occurs. What I mean by that is you can clearly see that originating at the hips, whereas in lesser guys (me) there's really a triple extension overall, with no obvious power point.

1474
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:46:15 am »
Well yeah, we would all like to be LeBron, but you gotta see what your structure works best at. Like Adarqui said back in the day - he once went to the heavy side but felt bad and moved bad, and his structure is made to be light.

1475
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:50:50 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHmMFctVU0Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHmMFctVU0Y</a>

1476
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

1477
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: August 12, 2014, 03:59:14 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PJFuHNpZE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PJFuHNpZE</a>

1478
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: August 12, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »
I remember when I got to the park with a weight vest on and played 3 on 3 for ten minutes or so, then took it off.

I expected to be greately potentiated, instead I was tensed up and jumping terribly.

1479
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:57:22 am »
I don't like a weight vest for quad dominant people. If you're quad dominant and you add a weight vest, you're going to be even MORE quad dominant in my experience. Due to that additional weight, you're going to push off using your strongest muscles even more => even more knee bend and quad overload.

1480
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Scooby 2011 Journal
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:52:48 am »
Those jumps at 5:27 looked REALLY good... they looked different and definitely higher.

The hip thrusts at 6:30 are much better as well.

Now you just have to take the tests I gave you for this week.

1481
Article & Video Discussion / Re: For the record... with Raptor
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:52:28 am »
Those jumps at 5:27 looked REALLY good... they looked different and definitely higher.

The hip thrusts at 6:30 are much better as well.

Now you just have to take the tests I gave you for this week.

1483
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:01:35 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9NJcXm6Oc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9NJcXm6Oc</a>

1484
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:18:19 pm »
Why you don't want to be that light?

1485
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:17:25 pm »
Then try to stay light and jump endlessly. You'd be light and the TUT from the jumps will build 100% specific strength.

:D

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 502