Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 502
1801
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: June 05, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »
I know the picture looks high, but the video doesn't LOOK high.

1802
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »
That didn't look high at all... he just comes down to the ground so quickly... I don't know... it looked really weird to me, like a ~32 inch jump or something, done by a tall guy.

1803
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: June 05, 2014, 02:29:32 pm »

1804
Nice. By the way - I'm reading through some overtraining stuff right now.

1805
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: June 05, 2014, 06:19:28 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsXcEkm8CgA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsXcEkm8CgA</a>

1806
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:52:53 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgT4oUz_TjM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgT4oUz_TjM</a>

1807
You could try Toddday's earning your steps in the run-up: first try one-step jumps... once you get good at them, and you're smooth, try using two steps in your run-up. And so on. Try to get progressively faster if you're using more and more steps. Also, try some relaxed jumps. If you tense up too much, that's the OPPOSITE of speed. To be fast you need to be relaxed. The jump should be just a "pulse" of tension and then relaxation follows to allow you to be very fast after you applied your strength.

Martial artists make this an art. When they break the blocks with a hit, it's a quick snap of tension followed by relaxation (for speed development) followed by tension again.

1808
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: June 05, 2014, 04:15:11 am »
Lol I posted it to the dunks and shit thread. Pretty sure it qualifies for both.

They claimed 46" off 3 steps. I believe it.

Yeah but how much he squats?

 :trollface:

1809
I actually prefer a lot of cushioning - I prefer running shoes that bend and diform, and that have a foam sole, and then I'm complaining that they deform too much and that I can't use too much speed because they'd just bend sideways and twist your ankle or something.

But if I try stiffer shoes, I collapse on almost ever jump attempt. The overload is just so tremendous to me. I think it's still lack of strength, it seems that I prefer to let the shock go in the connective tissues of the legs instead of using my muscles to prevent the collapse.

So I guess the stronger you are, the more "available" stiffer shoes would be. But even so, I'm against shoes that don't let the natural movement of the foot occur - the roll from heel to toe with a "bent" foot (toes up).

1810
Well, at least we now know you had some reserve CNS available to try for a PR.

By the way - in the SL glute thrust, did you feel the hamstrings or lumbars or it was all glutes?

1811
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to do cleans and snatches instead of "speed deadlifts"?

In a speed deadlift, you can do it faster. In a clean or a snatch, you must do it faster.

1813
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:51:19 am »
People are complaining the bar doesn't bend too much, so the weights must be fake.

:D

1814
Seriously scooby... how many posts of good advice have you received over the YEARS and decided to completely ignore? You usually say "yeah, OK, I know" etc, and then prove the complete ignorance of said advice just a few hours (?) later by posting yet another vert guru saying this and that, and you saying you tried it and it got you injured.

I've seriously given up on you, there's no way you'll ever progress.

1815
Yeah but maybe you need more. It sounds to me like you're describing lack of recovery, and doing MORE stuff over this will dig you into a deeper hole. If anything, cut down the volume and intensity and treat the next workout as an active recovery workout.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 502