Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 502
2071
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:05:16 am »
What? You people never get tonsilitis drinking cold water? I had that for over 20-30 times in my life.

2073
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:32:42 am »
Won't you get tonsilitis?

2074
You shouldn't really care about your squat performance at this point - as long as the jumps become:

1) Higher
2) Smoother
3) Faster
4) Easier (less effort is needed)
5) BETTER

Then you're good to go.

2075
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:39:39 am »
What's your range of motion with that weight?

2076
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:30:42 am »

2077
Well, I don't think that's the issue... I think the mobility/flexibility is the issue (in the sense that no matter how hard you'd try, that would still be your maximal extension at this point).

And I think maybe this is the greatest reason why people with big quads often times seem "unathletic" - that much muscle mass in the quads, unless diligently managed, will start become overactive and produce a high "stiffness" force on the hip joint, preventing maximal hip hyperextension (in other words - hip flexor tightness).

2078
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:21:23 pm »

2079
You jump much better with the ball in-hand... the dodgeball video is awesome, you really get up there. I would just do that over and over and over... and then use a size 5 or size 6 ball to dunk it.

The only thing I feel like you could improve on pretty dramatically is your hip hyperextension, because really... it's VERY limited (just like in my case). But I have no idea how... possibly with TONS (tens of minutes) of hip flexor stretching and mobility stuff.

But if you (we) really do that I expect for both me and you additional inches for sure.

2080
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:18:50 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h8dpr01Q1s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h8dpr01Q1s</a>

2081
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Chris' training journal
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:58:26 am »
Well, with that I can agree. So I get that you're not doing this consistently? Just as a benchmark every now and then?

Another problem I have with very heavy weights in the calf raise is that FOR ME - I never end up as extended as I possibly could when I use those heavy weights vs. light weights. And I feel like getting into full extension is the most important part of this calf raising movement...

But hey, maybe just the excentric part of the lift and the overload that happens there using a very heavy weight is a good idea too.

2082
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: February 14, 2014, 06:01:22 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-7gXfPEfg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-7gXfPEfg</a>

2083
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Chris' training journal
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:53:18 am »
Well, the reason is simple. The ROM is way too short for the calf raises compared to squats and deadlift. If you were to time the total TUT for 5 reps of squats, 5 reps of deadlifts and 5 reps of calf raises, then the TUT of the calf raises would be very short. So you must compensate for that with more reps.

Plus they're a stubborn muscle group that need a ton of volume to grow.

2084
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Chris' training journal
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:08:06 pm »
What's the point of doing low reps/heavy calf raises?

2085
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:27:25 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 502