Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 502
2206
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: THE DREAM JOURNAL
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:14:22 am »
Is Fifth April the brother of North West?

2207
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:12:55 am »
I slept yesterday from 19 to 21 and then went to the gym at 22, came home at 23:30, went to bed at 3 and couldn't sleep at all... and I felt terrible...

2209
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: December 16, 2013, 12:31:53 am »
I don't know why people complain about it... to me it doesn't look that low. But maybe that's because she's just so short.

Anyway, it was a really nice dunk.

2210
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: December 15, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FSUiOKvNk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FSUiOKvNk</a>

2211
Oh... lol... hm... shouldn't you plant pretty well RL then?

2213
That's in Zakyntos in Greece

2214
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: December 14, 2013, 09:09:08 pm »
To me, the bottom ones look better and even that is "too low" for my liking. I guess I understand by the term "half squat" a "quarter squat".

2215
Off right? That's so random.

2216
A long Achilles is good for the standing vertical jump, whereas a short Achilles is good for a one-leg jump because it allows a shorter (quicker), more powerful rebound.

The thing with the highly attached Achilles (high cut calves) is that they are usually present in people that also have a bunch of other structurally advantageous factors (narrow hips, long legs etc etc). So it's not just the long Achilles in these people, the long Achilles is just a good indicator of a overall "solid" structure for jumping advantage.


2217
I love that you keep doing the GHRs

2218
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:30:37 am »

2220
Strength, Power, Reactivity, & Speed Discussion / Re: belts are for pussies
« on: December 13, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »
I've read it now... what can I say... anything that improves muscular irradiation is good in my books. It doesn't matter if it's a belt or you actively squeeze the bar (tense the forearms), squeeze the abs and squeeze the glutes.

All these three things will increase the power output in any other major muscles in the body simply because of the irradiation effect - the CNS will recognize the event as a more "stable" environment if you will and will allow more CNS power output in the main movers.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 502