Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 502
2251
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:10:14 pm »
I think it also has something to do with your "structure" in terms of tendon and bone actual "thickness" if you will.

If you're a naturally frail guy that goes up in weight at SOME point, despite your muscle gains, the tendons and bones don't adapt that well like muscle does and when you plant at your heavier self of now the mechanoreceptors, golgi tendon organ, call it whatever, will see that extreme load (due to speed + your heavier bodyweight) as dangerous for the tendons/bones and will shut you down.

So I think springiness is also somewhat closely related to being "light". If you're born with thick bones and thick tendons and you're naturally heavy but you have the proper structure in terms of tension distribution, levers etc, you can still be "bouncy" (think a guy like LeBron or Barkley being very heavy and still being somewhat bouncy, being able to jump off one leg well etc).

2252
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:45:45 am »
Heads exploding is nonsensical, it has nothing to do with this bullshit.

2253
Yeah they apply hue and saturation filters over the pictures but hey, I like them more like this.

2254
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 04, 2013, 08:36:15 am »
Yeah but being bouncy (having good structure) is your winning lottery ticket for being able to jump high while still being weak.

2256
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:13:03 am »
Like I said, strength on the rightly structured body will look like springiness.

2257
Interesting^^^

You should give it a go

2258
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:09:45 pm »
Springiness is the expression of strength on the right body structure to be expressed as springiness.

2259
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 03, 2013, 04:46:29 pm »
Then go the adarqui route: anorexic dunking!

2260
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:22:57 am »
For me, what tricks me in thinking that I'm not going deep enough is I feel flexiblity/mobility issues in my body and the lack of "cursive" movement, and THAT makes me think that I don't get deep enough. I feel like I load differently etc so I'm losing my depth awareness if you will.

2261
Yeah they look good to me. At the top you have that tendency that I've seen in a lot of people to keep "soft knees" and keep the quads under tension there. I'm the opposite of that, I like to keep locked-out knees.

2262
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 03, 2013, 04:30:37 am »
You probably won't be able to stabilize the plant properly if you try to run up faster to the plant spot, or you will decelerate and plant at your "normal" speed.

IMO you need to do high volume 2-leg bounds, hurdles and sprints in order to get better at controlling your body first at higher speeds, then you can try faster plants.

2263
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: December 02, 2013, 05:41:50 pm »
funny, what i perceive as parallel or slightly below parallel turns out to be well below parallel on video.

Me too

2264
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:41:49 am »
Looking good^^^

You're still SO slow in your plants and moves and everything... you should start doing some more plyos and sprints and stuff like that when you think you've had enough with strength training.

Just cycle these things out.

2265
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: December 02, 2013, 07:16:28 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6WNzxNpid4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6WNzxNpid4</a>

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 502