Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 502
2386
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Re: The 80's music thread
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:42:11 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4rJx2Uvuk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4rJx2Uvuk</a>

2387
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: October 26, 2013, 03:25:28 pm »
Yeah some of my best jumps came when I was "relaxed", but it's easy to confound "relaxed" with "weak".

For example, if I am to really relax when doing stuff I'd become like jelly, and crumble down into horrible posture. I think being relaxed is all about having the tension in the RIGHT muscles while being able to call upon relaxing and contracting at the right times vs. staying stiff for the entire duration of that movement.

2388
I'm telling you - the way that I feel after playing 5 on 5 basketball, the feeling in my legs, I've never came across any training as of yet that gives me the same feeling.

But I RARELY play 5 on 5.

2389
Because it teaches what he's not accustomed to: being explosively isometric. Everything that depicts this ability is bad for him: sprinting, one leg jumping, bounding etc.

He's good at generating strength, mediocre at expressing power and bad at managing isometric explosiveness (where you just lock out your muscles very quickly and create a stiff lever).

I couldn't agree more with Joel here:

http://www.just-fly-sports.com/long-sprinting-for-reactive-vertical-power-part-i/

2391
The more I look at this log the more I think that LBSS would be the best served doing longer distance sprints (200-400m). It's maybe the one thing he has never done consistently.

2392
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:00:50 pm »
Or just go crazy with the volumes:

squat 3x5 + hip thrust 3x20 :D
bss 3x10 + deadlift 3x5

2393
Basketball / Re: D. Rose jumping HIGHER post ACL?
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:23:28 pm »
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1801159-derrick-rose-says-vertical-leap-increased-by-five-inches-to-42-since-acl-injury


Ummm. Faster, stronger, quicker, better jumpshot and he says he's jumping higher than before? I'm excited to see him play again!

Steroids. That's why he took 1 year off, so it wouldn't show in the blood tests this year. If he were to come back into the active roster last year the roids would've appeared.

2394
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:22:22 pm »
Have you ever tried to get your bodyweight to somewhere at ~80 kg from 90?

2395
You're right there, keep on doing what you do.

2396
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:17:52 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fweCqVB7xAQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fweCqVB7xAQ</a>

2397
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:09:00 am »
Yeah but if you extrapolate the 1RM off a 5RM for a beginner/intermediate trainee vs. an elite trainee... what would the difference be?

2398
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: October 18, 2013, 07:52:07 pm »

2399
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:07:44 pm »
In my opinion, when the real 1RM goes above the projected 1RM, that shows you're already at a good movement efficiency rate for that movement.

But I could be wrong in that maybe it's a sign of the actual reverse of this. Maybe when you up the number of reps you can't go as heavy because of the lack of movement efficiency (that adds up over the number of reps and makes the projected 1RM be lower than your actual 1RM).

It would be interesting to find out what the case is.

Do elite squatters have a much higher 1RM than their projected 1RM from a 5 rep set, for example?

2400
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:05:16 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74MpYWxGlMk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74MpYWxGlMk</a>

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 502