Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 502
2761
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: One of my recents sprints
« on: July 19, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »
For me... it's always been about getting up immediately basically and just sprint as fast as I can. I don't think about it at all.

It's also been about being extremely fast in terms of leg cycle frequency, even if the strides are short. That's how I have always sprinted. So since the strides are short and I am vertical then my knee lift is very low (you can see in the video I don't get my knees high at all... that would be a very illogical position in my case, I would just collapse into the ground from that height like a robot or something).

I've always been criticized that I don't get my knees high enough. Never felt natural at all.

2762
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bzKHnGxw-E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bzKHnGxw-E</a>

 :pokerface:

2763
I read "tons of it is radiation" :trollface:

2764
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: July 19, 2013, 01:26:17 pm »
How crazy is 0:43?

2765
He's asian, he has yellow skin because of GENETIC EXTRA FAT... there's no chance for him!

Just kidding :P

2766
Some of the weirdest discussions here... I would say more but... I'm being diplomatic...

I hear something opposite of the valsalva maneuver here. I personally never did valsalva. I just BRACED or flattened my abs.

2767
Brace? If you were to get punched in the stomach you wouldn't brace?

2768
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: July 19, 2013, 07:32:41 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWnRcbI4mw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWnRcbI4mw</a>

2769
I'm at 7'11 with shoes

2770
Looking great ^^^

2771
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: July 19, 2013, 05:15:00 am »
I like how he's in a RL stance when he pulls the bar off the floor. He would be a great dunker, I think haha

2772
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: One of my recents sprints
« on: July 19, 2013, 05:13:17 am »
I made a conscious effort to keep my head down... otherwise my tendency is to get tall and vertical immediately.

I just suck so much in terms of the acceleration phase... I'm the kind of guy that likes to stay tall and just paw the ground with straight legs so staying with the head down and "pushing" is not my cup of tea.

I might do some barefooted sprints soon, when and if I get healthy with my knee.

2773
7'2 is terrible... seriously...

That's 2.18 meters... you need to jump 1m+ to dunk if you can't palm the ball (even if you will... your best bet is to dunk off a lob since you're going to jump less with the ball inhand off two if you're a bilateral jumper).

1m+ = 40 inches+

2774
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: One of my recents sprints
« on: July 18, 2013, 07:40:57 pm »
Ah, that helps!

Thanks man!

2775
Pics, Videos, & Links / One of my recents sprints
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:52:47 pm »
Any criticism?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g0oy0kJiwY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g0oy0kJiwY</a>

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 502