Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 502
4261
It would be great for me to do deficit deadlifts, knowing as I can't maintain a straight back in a normal deadlift let alone a deficit one.

Cool!

It's pretty much the same as saying everybody should do high bar ATG squats because everybody should be able to squat like olympic lifters, right?

4262
I have 20 kg plates and 25 kg plates in my gym. I think the 25 kg plates are the bigger (have the longest diameter) so I actually use them for deadlifts.

Good luck getting ANYTHING out of that, Raptor.

Wait... so this is why I was stalling?!

4263
I have 20 kg plates and 25 kg plates in my gym. I think the 25 kg plates are the bigger (have the longest diameter) so I actually use them for deadlifts.

4264
Love the sarcasm.

Damn, you're improving as the day passes in sarcasm, Lance!

The reality is that "strength people" have such narrow views of training... people never have an open mind and actually THINK about stuff. It's sad that we don't have more open minded SMART people that think.

We usually have either the close minded "it's 3x5 exactly as Rippetoe said or it's wrong" or "we need to squat with chains and have two ketlebells attached using bands on a bosu ball with a weight vest and a powerjumper in order to have any "functional" training effect".

So they either are very close minded, or they are very... "flamboyant" in their approach. We need more people in the middle ground when it comes to training.

4265
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Half squat with transition emphasis
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:43:08 am »
188 lbs > 165 lbs

4266
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:27:47 am »
So girljordan put more effort than training like a champion?

4267
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:49:42 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRY_J9Iy9mE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRY_J9Iy9mE</a>

Now that you know the proper way to squat, I expect you people to conform and adjust.

4268
What's a "toad"?

A toad is any of a number of species of amphibians in the order Anura (frogs) characterized by dry, leathery skin, short legs, and snout-like parotoid glands.

4269
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:12:02 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o6bUpfLeE4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o6bUpfLeE4</a>

4270
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Half squat with transition emphasis
« on: August 07, 2012, 05:40:19 am »
too much heavy half squats as a suggestion from lance got me full repping 455 out of nowhere. i had no idea it had a strong training effect..

all i can do now is watch what i did 1 year ago and say - at least i got it on vid.. not gonna happen that easy again anytime soon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM4eSAmTQMw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM4eSAmTQMw</a>


You were much heavier then.

4271
I have to reiterate - it's a very interesting thread so far. I'm here right now:

http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/showthread.php?t=24176&p=268895#post268895

4272
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »
I wonder where you'd be if you'd have a 400 squat right now.

4273
USA lost with all its steroid abuse. Nothing to see here people!



looks 100% natural bro, i bet he is on paleo diet...

He does crossfit.

But I bet Bailey and Gatlin are clean as heck! I mean, they're vegans.

4274
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:40:58 pm »
Terrible humor ^^^

But what, you don't consider yourself a beast?

Honestly, it's pretty unusual as a 37 year old not really genetically gifted to still be able to be "there" to dunk so...

4275
Program Review / Re: crossfit
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:15:28 pm »
Why do I have this slight impression that you people dislike Crossfit?

It's the best thing to happen to athletics ever since what fast-food did for athletics.

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 502