Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 502
4426
Yeah, if you can "read what's written on your chest" then you're good as far as chest/back position IMO. Obviously not the only thing, but you get the idea.

that's a cool cue, never heard that one before

Not taking credit for it, heard it from Bret Contreras first.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDmWMrKT7U4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDmWMrKT7U4</a>

3:30 here ^^^

4427
Yeah, if you can "read what's written on your chest" then you're good as far as chest/back position IMO. Obviously not the only thing, but you get the idea.

4428
With shoes on, I reach 2.41m or 7'11

4430
Thanks man. I will!

I have a computer science diploma so... heck, I gotta do what I gotta do. :-*

4431
Haha... you do that. Why aren't you actively doing something to correct it? For one, you could use a bit of a slower approach and try to be stiff at the knee but without overdoing it. When you overdo it and really really contract the quad to keep the knee from buckling then you usually overload the quad because it's already contracted hard and when it receives the shock it goes into overload mode and just fails...

Then it's the body position and the glutes absorbing some of the shock (when you put your foot dorsiflexed and at the correct angle on the floor, some of the shock gets distributed in the hip vs overloading the knee joint - something that didn't happen to me in that 1st video).

And then it's doing more hip dominated exercises just to make your body aware that it can use the hips to absorb the shock/become the prime movers (god forbid the use of "protagonists") in the jump.

But obviously if you're traditionally not a one-leg jumper... it's going to take some time :P

4432
Haha, yeah I know, it's just that a % is not a good measuring stick. But to be honest, I have no idea what would be a better one.

4433
Haha yeah I know. It's funny because I went from a running shoe to that shoe I used in that video immediately, and the difference between the foam sole (of the running shoe) and the rubber sole of that shoe in the video is so big as far as how the leg loads. And if you wear running shoes now and then switch to those rubber outsole shoes, then you're bound to happen stuff like this ^^^

But the truth is I was really tired yesterday and that's that. I put this up only for people to see, in their own experiences when they have a "flat tire", what's actually going on. Obviously you can collapse at different joints etc, but you get the idea.

You can even see the plant-"attack" wasn't proper either, it's like my body said "hey the glutes/hams are tired, I don't want to load them too much, why don't you load the quad a ton instead?"

4434
I only know the rule of the middle finger.

4435
I don't get this % thing.

Let's say I have a guy jumping 10 inches and a guy jumping 35 inches naturally. Are you telling me the guy jumping 35 inches has a chance of increasing his jump by 11 inches while the 10 inches guy has a chance of increasing by 3 inches? It doesn't make any sense. A % of a higher number will be a higher number, and it doesn't make sense that a guy that already has a high jump has more of a potential than a guy that doesn't have a high jump.

Now I know there are a ton of factors involved, but still.

4436
Another 37 year old dunker:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0y8trZJGpw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0y8trZJGpw</a>

4437
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkM0fwX4T6s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkM0fwX4T6s</a>

I was very tired and out of it today, and a few of these ^^^ happened. Notice the extreme knee bend in the jumping leg and the blown plant as a result. In fact, I'm surprised I even got these off:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9-JVBT6Lk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9-JVBT6Lk</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiRC43l8opQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiRC43l8opQ</a>

Will rest a few days and film again, and see the difference.

4438
You could also do isometric knee extension holds on an edge of a bed or something. Although I don't really like to do isometrics before dynamic movements. Maybe half an hour before or something.

4439
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:19:54 am »
Russian Dunk Contest feat Shal:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Poej-kJMiE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Poej-kJMiE</a>

4440
Muscles are nonsensical they have nothing to do with this bullshit.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 502