Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 502
4741
Well I was responding based on my previous experience. I don't see anything wrong with that. That's the best advice I can give, if he thinks is of any value. For ME personally, that's how I work. There was a time where I would deload every 3 weeks or so, for just a bit. I don't think that was too smart, there's no need to deload when... there's no need. IMO

4742
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: L-carnitine
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »
Caffeine is a stimulant but I don't hear it is banned.

4743
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: L-carnitine
« on: March 20, 2012, 06:46:40 pm »
It is? I've seen it marketed with no problems here. So I guess it does something if it's banned, right? Or its effects are unknown and that's why it's banned?

4744
I haven't deloaded for 4 months straight. Never felt the need to. When it's the time to deload you'll know it.


http://www.adarq.org/forum/progress-journals-experimental-routines/raptor%27s-strength-power-journal/msg66268/#msg66268
I don't know. I'm going to take a full week out. I don't care if I detrain. Just give some rest to my bones/articulations etc. And overall rest, I could be a bit overtrained.

:uhhhfacepalm:

My point exactly ^^^

I knew it immediately that I needed to deload. But otherwise, I kept going for months and months without needing any break.

4745
Well high frequency squatting sure did increase my squat. Now the question is - is this good for athleticism? It will increase your squat, but I'm not sure if that's not ONLY movement efficiency improvements in the squat and that will not help you on the field. However, using heavier weights again and again will improve your body's explosiveness afterall, maybe even without increases in muscle (stronger neural signals).

4746
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: L-carnitine
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »
In what way illegal? If you participate in official competitions or what?

4747
I haven't deloaded for 4 months straight. Never felt the need to. When it's the time to deload you'll know it.

4748
Damn, 8x160?! Where did that come from? You're slowly getting kingfish status...

4749
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Jumping and Landing
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:37:46 pm »
I'm in the same boat ^^^

4750
Yeah I thought so but wanted to hear HIM say this... he could've just as well (although not as likely) meant a % of 1RM or something.

Plus I bet he was more like 87.23%.

4751
85% to parallel squat? What does that mean? ::)

4752
Exactly. If you have these kinds of issues they are due to a bad warmup.

4753
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Scooby 2011 Journal
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:51 am »
So let me get this straight: you think that wearing jumpsoles around is less risky for injuries than doing plyos with regular shoes? :ninja:

4754
If I were you, I'd just be trying to lose that fat before you start complicating things with deloads etc.

This^^^

Imagine how well you'd jump at say ~12% bodyfat, with your posture dramatically improved and your muscle firing much better (better glute involvement) due to the improved posture. Your whole body would move different.

4755
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: March 13, 2012, 11:20:48 am »
Why aren't you filming some of this stuff like the cleans and squats?

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 502