Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 502
4831
Why don't you go with bulgarian split squats with a long stance (a lot of glute contribution, no knee bending forward) + RDLs for a while? No squatting. See how that goes.

4832
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:52:58 am »
I would argue that you need to define "easier" - as in a wider stance allows better technique => easier or as in a wider stance gets you a bit lower and you need to travel less distance.

I don't see the need to strain with a narrow stance with full squats. Use jump specificity where needed (half squats).

4834
I think in the light of your recent :personal-record: that :personal-record: on the field should come as no surprise :highfive:

4835
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: February 04, 2012, 09:26:28 am »
Hm... what if you go wider? Maybe you'd squat full better. If I were to keep a shoulder width stance I'd have a very hard time full squatting (where full = below parallel for me).

4836
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:48:24 pm »
What stance do you use with your full squats vs your half squats and how much more, if any, are your feet externally rotated?

4837
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:45:36 am »
"Training videos"?

4838
Article & Video Discussion / Re: What's wrong with the barbell squat?
« on: February 01, 2012, 05:33:16 pm »
And I think another thing that needs to be emphasized is to never twist when the back is loaded. The discs themselves are pretty sturdy when loaded "liniarly" but they are not built to sustain twisting under load. So don't do twisted crunches or twisting (even your head to see if you put the bar correctly onto the pins etc) under a loaded back.

At least this is what I know about the spine and the discs.

4839
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:01 pm »
Only a beast would do that :ninja:

PS. Real answer - because there's no such thing as a sticky "random videos"

4840
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:40 am »
I'm afraid of doing loaded calf raises. One - that my legs would slipp and a mess would happen and two - I've always had back problems after doing them. So I do them on one leg and use dumbbells/plates in that leg's corresponding hand. Going for 15-20 reps.

4841
Article & Video Discussion / Re: What's wrong with the barbell squat?
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:29:34 am »

4842
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:26:58 am »
Damn, you're kicking my ass on these half squats :uhhhfacepalm: :highfive: , no wonder you're jumping higher off two feet.

I used 220 lbs yesterday to keep it really explosive.

4843
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:19:35 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6DaGT9czf4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6DaGT9czf4</a>

4844
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:20:07 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CKHOMKqxYw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CKHOMKqxYw</a>

4845
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Knees acting up after changing squat style
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »
As long as you're staying on the heels there's a good chance the knees are going to be fine.

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 502