Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 502
5056
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Training for hypertrophy
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:32:15 pm »
So what you're essentially saying is that I could go on with 3x4-6 since that type of training is more specific to what my target is in terms of athletic goals but doing some assistance work like RDLs 2x8 or BSSs 2x8 would help in my wish for more hypertrophy as a additional stimuli.

But is 2x8 "enough" of a stimuli for hypertrophy? Do these 2 sets really make any difference at all?

5057
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Training for hypertrophy
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:46:20 pm »
I have another reason to go with lower weights, especially after yesterday's workout: each one of my reps was a struggle, a grinder. With a lighter weight and more reps I can be more explosive and move the weight a bit faster. I have trained for so much at a heavy weight/slow concentric pace that I believe going now with this protocol might help me.

So I'm going to go with 3x10 for a while and see what happens. Granted, there's more opportunity for focus and form to shy away with more reps but I will see what happens. Do you think 10 reps are too much (too low of an intensity and too close to a bodybuilding protocol) in terms of training for strength?

5058
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Training for hypertrophy
« on: October 03, 2011, 02:25:46 pm »
Well I kind of paid attention to my diet to reach this 79.7 kg weight from 86 kg, and now apparently I must work to get that weight up? I want to stay a bit lighter so I can take less impact on my jumps and be a better jumper off one leg since it usually responds well to a lighter bodyweight.

So getting "heavier" doesn't suit me really well. Unless, of course, I gain 2 kg of muscle and squat 20 kg more which I wouldn't mind. ;D

5059
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Training for hypertrophy
« on: October 03, 2011, 08:34:00 am »
After taking a good look at my leg size I decided that I want to grow them more, they're too small in size. So I want to train for hypertrophy for a good period of time (say 3 months or so).

Should I go with a more hypertrophy oriented approach in terms of total volume and rep ranges (I plan on doing 3x8-10 instead of my current 3x4-6) or should I keep doing my 3x4-6 and add a volume set (1x15-20 with 50% of my work set weight) in the end like I did for the last weeks?

The total amount of volume would be pretty much equal in both instances, with the difference that I'd have three more intense sets with the 3x4-6 approach:

3x4-6 x 120 kg + 15x70

VS

3x8-10 x 100 kg

5060
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:24:13 pm »
56 year old dunker:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV_GYrO9GKE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV_GYrO9GKE</a>

5061
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »
Jump over the car top:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=244sWfPNZ-Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=244sWfPNZ-Y</a>

5062
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:17:20 pm »
Josh McRoberts 360 between the legs (at 1:00):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEEJDh2HJuI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEEJDh2HJuI</a>

5063
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Sport Arena Master Dunk Contest
« on: September 30, 2011, 07:04:39 pm »
id never let you jump over me haha

Why?

5064
Boxing / Re: mayweather ortiz - it's time folks
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »
I'm starting to hate that Mayweather bitch with a passion.

5065
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Basketball In-season training
« on: September 29, 2011, 03:30:16 pm »
I think the main concern for Nightfly is to stay away from grinding reps. If you feel like you struggle with a rep stop the set immediately. You need to train in such a way that you don't come close to your true RM for that set in order to prevent CNS burnout and to promote recovery.

5066
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: the ideal rest between sets?
« on: September 27, 2011, 02:56:22 pm »
i rest about 30-40 seconds in between legs

That was funny. :wowthatwasnutswtf:

5067
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:11:02 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBjIqI6SVKU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBjIqI6SVKU</a>

5068
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:05 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu4POqS0JHc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu4POqS0JHc</a>

5069
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:37 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjurJSdhy0Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjurJSdhy0Y</a>

5070
Article & Video Discussion / Re: for sickenin vendetta - SSL sportscientlab
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:54:12 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiJIcL-9fY8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiJIcL-9fY8</a>

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 502