Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 502
5386
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Sprint deceleration
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:56:41 am »
But do you see an actual use of this? Or just wasted time and effort? I feel it's great to teach you control over eccentric movements and that should be great for one-leg jumping. The more you're accustomed with controling yourself under high tension eccentrics the better you CAN be jumping off one leg.

5387
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Sprint deceleration
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:08:26 pm »
Quick question: what do you guys think about sprint deceleration as an actual exercise. I like it very much but every trainer I know swears against it. Not sure why.

I usually like to ACTIVELY decelerate after I finish my sprints. They will say you need to decelerate relaxed blah blah blah on a period of the same length your sprint had (so for 30m you will stop in 30m or maybe even more) and stuff like that.

Well I don't. I like to really load my quads during the deceleration and use it as an exercise in eccentric control and strength. I think it's just great for that. So I don't see why all the trainers are against it.

5388
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Re: Amy Whinehouse is gone...
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »
Not a single fuck was given this day. She was a waste of life. Millions would have done anything for the health she had and she just threw it away.

Natural selection

I'm not sure it's that easy to judge. It shouldn't be at least. You don't know anything of her life and what was going on. Once the drugs grab you from an early age you're sometimes out of your own control in your actions.

She was in control when she started taking the drugs and she was fully aware of the dangers. And she said no no no to rehab.

You'd say no no no to rehab too if you'd be a drug addict.

5389
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: Eating late at night
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:04:33 pm »
Yeah bro!

The thing is - I don't know how that energy is going to be used in terms of time.

That's why I wonder why Andrew eats carbs today for tomorrow. How do you know what you eat today is going to be available for you as energy tomorrow? How can you know they're not going to be converted to fat by then, or that their energy value was lost during the night and next of the day up until the athletic event and so on and so forth.

5390
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Re: Amy Whinehouse is gone...
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:00:12 pm »
Not a single fuck was given this day. She was a waste of life. Millions would have done anything for the health she had and she just threw it away.

Natural selection

I'm not sure it's that easy to judge. It shouldn't be at least. You don't know anything of her life and what was going on. Once the drugs grab you from an early age you're sometimes out of your own control in your actions.

5391
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Re: Amy Whinehouse is gone...
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:58:35 pm »
To me, any death of any kind sucks hard. It's basically a victory of nothingness vs life. Doesn't matter if it's a human being or a fly.

5392
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Re: Amy Whinehouse is gone...
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:01:35 pm »
I had a friend who was so talented in basketball, a really really great dribbler and just a cool guy, smart, you name it. But he had this thing about "why do you have to waste time living?". So he kept on telling me how he wants to commit suicide at one point, soon that is. And I was trying to see why (first I thought he was joking) and he was telling me he sees nothing exciting in living. So I was like "hey man, but you play ball, you listen to music, you do this you do that - these are good reasons to live for and you wouldn't do all that if you weren't passionate about them in the first place".

So I tried my best to make him think otherwise. And I haven't really talked too much to him about this because I didn't REALLY thought he was serious. But after a while from that discussion (half a year or so) he threw himself off the top of his 10 story building and killed himself. I'll always have all this story with me ^^^. But IN A WAY - it was expected to happen. Thinking back to his demeanor when he was telling all that stuff - it should've been obvious he was going to do it.

The idea is that not everybody falls into the "same general way of thinking". I don't know if it's something to be judgemental or superior about, I don't think so, but it is what it is.

5393
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Re: Amy Whinehouse is gone...
« on: July 23, 2011, 03:16:02 pm »
Not sure. I don't even know a song of her's but apparently, for other people, she was really something.

5394
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: Eating late at night
« on: July 23, 2011, 02:25:34 pm »
You're probably going to want to eat carbs and "energy giving foods" before an activity requiring energy though. It doesn't make too much sense to eat carbs and then go to sleep. They'd most probably go in and deposit as fat. Instead, if you eat them before playing ball, running, gym etc they should be used as energy for those activities. Not sure if that's the case though.

5395
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Amy Whinehouse is gone...
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:38:24 pm »
Dead. Overdose.

5396
Program Review / Re: Air alert (knee alert?)
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:26:08 am »
Why do people keep on wasting MONEY on programs when really, there's nothing that complicated. Heck, you could go with the Jack M split here on this site and be happy with your future dunks.

5397
Michael Bolton can deadlift 1000? :o

I always thought there's something fishy with that guy.

5398
MUSiC anD SHeeT! / Re: My best singing so far :D
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:53:43 am »
Thanks! :P

5399
I don't GET it. :D

5400
That's it, I'm getting fat. See, Rippetoe was right when he transformed that kid into a fat slob. That's how athletes look.

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 502