Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 502
6856
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Dunks from today, rim 9'11 (3.02m)
« on: December 30, 2010, 09:18:20 pm »
Thanks and...

Quote
+1 on the high socks.

I actually heard one guy told me I was "weird" because once I wore socks up to the mid-shin. For that I was weird and strange. That's too bad.

Quote
shit i forgot to mention, you should change your penultimate step, relax a bit more, and use more p-chain.

And yeah I actually kind of need to, I could be jumping so much better. Good point.

6857
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Dunks from today, rim 9'11 (3.02m)
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:07:21 pm »
sweet dunks emil:great job!
you seem to be able to dunk on that rim so effortlessly...I am so happy to see that from you my friend!
BTW, watching you guys throwing it down makes me feel like I must record some new stuff myself during these holidays....


Yes you should ;D

And yeah, I have another video where I just look very "light"... like I'm not weighing ~85 kg... I don't look like it. I mean, I still plant at a pretty high speed and my run-up is smooth but I guess that's just how I am naturally or something. I do look better than last year though... then I was just "fat". Squat is higher this year as well so I guess that explains it.

6858
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Dunks from today, rim 9'11 (3.02m)
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:21:15 pm »
nice dunks on 9'11, i never see you throw lobs why not? they fun.

nice high socks too ;)

Here's a hint: maybe because I suck at lobs? I couldn't catch a lob to save my life. And I jump like 8 inches less without the ball in hand.

6859
Pics, Videos, & Links / Dunks from today, rim 9'11 (3.02m)
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:44 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqCouB4OEs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqCouB4OEs</a>



<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT3mIThgQfk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT3mIThgQfk</a>

LAME DUNKS:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKgR93F9cc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKgR93F9cc</a>

Kind of a long jump here...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEOnt3tIs7s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEOnt3tIs7s</a>

6860
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Kingfish
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:32:14 am »
I don't think so... it's not a matter of digestion, it's a matter of liquid being in a pressed stomach that goes up my throat...

why not man up?

?

6861
Performance Training Blog / Re: Max Effort Beast Mode (MEBM)
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:24:58 am »
What about pushups with a weight on the back?

6862
Performance Training Blog / Re: Max Effort Beast Mode (MEBM)
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:58:44 am »
Weak, I can do that in my sleep.

But only in my sleep.

I'd pass out from 20 rep squats. I did 110x8 2 days ago and felt really really dizzy and exhausted... I always feel like that after squatting, probably bad breathing (I kind of hold my breath so that I can flex my abs really good) patterns or something.

6863
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:23:34 am »
Quote
vag    12:20:51 PM    Logging out of the forum.

BLASPHEMY :uhhhfacepalm:

6864
LanceSTS's Performance Blog / Re: STS TV
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:21:26 am »
You better believe I'm going to do them when I decide to stop working on strength and hypertrophy and get into the power/plyo thing.

I'll probably choose to do stuff like this and MSEM while focusing on losing fat.

6865
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Kingfish
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:15:49 am »
I don't think so... it's not a matter of digestion, it's a matter of liquid being in a pressed stomach that goes up my throat...

6866
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:09:25 am »
Yeah maybe I should stick with full squats for only one workout and go with 1/4 squats the other one. Not sure about the volume though...

Maybe something more hypertrophy oriented like 3x10-12 for this 1/4 squat workout?

PS. Not sure if my knee will like the 1/4 squatting though...

6867
Strength, Power, Reactivity, & Speed Discussion / Re: Buttocks
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:29:58 am »
It's a bullshit squat.

Nah, it's a Bulgarian Split Squat:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXX957jkp50" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXX957jkp50</a>

6868
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: December 29, 2010, 10:16:52 am »
I need your VMO's now! Would probably solve or at least improve my knee issues by a fair amount! I'm the complete opposite: big vastus lateralis, small VMO

Me too... there are very few people who are naturally VMO big... although maybe in adarqui's case it's also a matter of squat stance (although he doesn't squat THAT narrow).

6869
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Kingfish
« on: December 29, 2010, 07:00:34 am »
ya man i love drinking protein shake in between squat sets, i only down bits of one shake not like what you did, but it REALLY helps compared to when I don't do it.. i calm down quicker, recovery faster, and feel less jittery.

nice pics

pc

I'd puke it out. For example, I once drank a glass of protein powder like 1 and a half hours before my workout. Guess what? When I squatted 120x5, I just felt it coming up my throat (literally). It just stopped right before going out (I was wearing a belt by the way).

6870
Strength, Power, Reactivity, & Speed Discussion / Re: Buttocks
« on: December 29, 2010, 05:36:00 am »
What part of the butt should go sore when you do the squat? The whole butt or only the lower part?

I got my entire butt sore when I did long reach-out BSSs and possibly walking lunges. Otherwise, it's usually the part connecting the glute to the hamstring for me.

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 502