Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 502
1546
Yes, you would, but there's a reason why you don't swing it faster - your body needs to have the same "groove" throughout.

You can't just swing faster and have the legs push at the same slow speed. You also can't push very fast and swing slowly.

So there's a reason your body chooses to have the armswing that you currently have.

1547
That's why you do the 2-leg bounds for LENGTH and SPEED.

The length ones subject you with greater forces, while the speed ones subject you with greater speeds - so you can get, over time, better at higher speed plants.

Combine that with practicing jumping and you'll be the best version YOU can be.

Some people jump with a very high speed because they structure allows them to do that.

1548
Crying in the fetal position

1549
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Two Hands Two Feet
« on: July 24, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »
I think the clean number is 1.5x according to what I've been reading in VJB 2.

1550
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:19 pm »

1551
Yeah I've watched a bunch of reviews on youtube but they're usually the shitty "oh this looks cool here and this material is whatever and this and that" with nothing performance related other than if it slips or not and stuff like that (not how it bends, where etc).

1552
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:10 am »

1553
Have you ever jumped in Venomenons 4? I'm about to order them today since I can't really find good enough running shoes... but I'm afraid that they will suck for me yet again (and at a high price).

Nightfly jumped ~44 inches in Venomenons 3.

1554
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:21:55 am »
Have you ever jumped in Venomenons 4? I'm about to order them today since I can't really find good enough running shoes... but I'm afraid that they will suck for me yet again (and at a high price).

Nightfly jumped ~44 inches in Venomenons 3.

1555
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Two Hands Two Feet
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:20:24 am »
I think the bigger the difference between your squat and your (power) clean, the more quad dominant your squat is.

It's more like a test of how much quad dominant you are in your squat (other than all the other obvious parameters like the explosive strength deficit etc).

1556
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:31:27 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RdlrTjS3T0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RdlrTjS3T0</a>

1557
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:58 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAOcgPm75Bo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAOcgPm75Bo</a>

1558
On your way of becoming reactive, eh?

1559
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: July 23, 2014, 03:33:30 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RguQ7KyRxmI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RguQ7KyRxmI</a>

1560
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7m61gGmP4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7m61gGmP4</a>

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 502