Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 502
2042
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:50:01 am »
I would re-arrange that in a way where the plyos/jumps/sprints are being prioritized. Check out my last post in my log and see what you think.

2044
Thanks man!

Yeah, at this point, I just install themes and stuff like that...

For example, on this particular theme, if I want to access it by phone... that "resume" of the site keeps on popping up and you can't close it. Sucks.

2046
Yeah it works well now. In the last week it's been very slow though.

2047
How are you doing your power cleans? From hang or from the ground? Since you didn't say "hang power cleans" I assume from the ground.

If you do them from the hanging position, then I found out that it's best to do singles instead of more reps. For me, whenever I do even two reps the amount of fatigue I get in my hands becomes a very limiting factor in actual power expression in the clean itself. The bar starts to feel heavier and heavier every second I stay with it in my hands and the arms start to wander around in bad, weird positions.

So today I did singles (3x1 instead of 1x3) with like 20 seconds or so breaks in between, and all my reps were explosive and powerful. Just something to think about.

2048
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: March 13, 2014, 08:52:46 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQph-kNvTcs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQph-kNvTcs</a>

2049
That's the toughest question you could ask me... because I've been battling this all my life (but never really put the effort to correct it).

Maybe one way would be to strengthen the hamstrings AND the glutes... and to stretch the heck out of your rectus femoris and hip flexors in general all day long, every day. Foam roll, blah blah... but who has the time for that from a practical standpoint?

2050
News, Announcements, & Suggestions / The forum is VERY slow nowadays
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:31:42 pm »
Is it just for me? It takes like half a minute to a minute to load a post or whatever

2051
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:44:44 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljnAccxvRc0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljnAccxvRc0</a>

2052
Damn... you could gain quite a bit just improving your hip hyperextension ROM IMO... there's room for that there (how many times I've said that?)

2054
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:15:06 pm »
To be honest... I have yet to find a weight at the RDL that challenges me legs-wise... it's always a matter of losing my grip with them, never me not being able to do them.

2055
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: March 01, 2014, 05:56:42 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RpPMxS6NII" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RpPMxS6NII</a>

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 502