Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 502
2356
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:28:33 pm »
No. I just intentionally said "what in the actual fuck" to boost up the video a bit for the people who "will" not see that.

I mean if you watch it you can see a ton of "he got pushed up" comments everywhere... it's crazy to think I'm that unaware of stuff. You don't even need to see those comments, you can see that for yourself as you watch the video. Whatever.

2357
Good stuff... by the way, do you always stay a bit unlocked at the knee at the top position?

2358
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:35:47 am »
Wait... so you genuinely think I was genuinely not aware he was pushed up a bit? Um...

2359
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:47:34 am »
Captain Obvious to the rescue :D

2360
Now!

That's an ORDER!

2361
In order to deal with jet lag you must manipulate light intake. If you adjust that by 2 hours per day to accomodate the difference then you're going to be good.

You must pretend you're still in the city you left off from by taking advantage of the sunlight/getting the blankets on the windows on etc, depeding on the case.

2362
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »
5x squat:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zim8sMpaD90" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zim8sMpaD90</a>

2363
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:21:05 pm »
Excuse me, but what in the actual fuck?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NREJAtsyBM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NREJAtsyBM</a>


2364
I also read on a sprinting site that training (sprinting) on a stiff surface tends to make the tendons compliant, whereas training on a compliant surface tends to stiffen up the tendons... who knows if this is true.

2365
Pics, Videos, & Links / Hip vs knee dominant athletes by Joel Smith
« on: November 04, 2013, 07:21:53 am »
I don't remember if I posted this here or not back in the day:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd3LwXxga5g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd3LwXxga5g</a>

2366
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:49:07 am »
Wrong tag ^^^

2367
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: beast
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:46:39 am »
I don't get it.

2368
You should film some depth drops from the same box height as in the video, focusing on not collapsing at all at the knee. Basically landing in a foot dorsiflexed position (weight over the whole foot) and not allowing collapse.

I know a lot of people recommend landing on the toes on the depth drops but I don't agree at all with that. That promotes the very problem you and I have right now. It's MUCH better to land on the whole foot while having them dorsiflexed and not allowing knee collapse/having the arms as if you're preparing to jump up immediately.

So try that - film some depth drops from the same height focusing on these things. If you're able to do them right then you can focus next on actually taking off from that position.

2369
To make you feel a bit better - check out my landings after each hurdle jump - they all are in a foot plantarflexed position:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISqUv0r1NfE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISqUv0r1NfE</a>

Hence I was doing russian stops back then - jump land, jump foward a bit then over the hurdle, repeat. Look at how horrible they look.

It's basically an ankle collapse occuring, then a knee load&collapse, and a horrible position to land and take off after from.

2370
Yes you are, and that was predictable. I am as well. Basically horrible.

The question to ask is - why? Structure? Quad strength? Calf strength?

For me the obvious answer is the lack of quad strength. Hence my big difference between my low bar and high bar squat, my sucky "anything that has to do with the quads" thing (think front squats), I kind of struggle doing leg extensions with weights that other people that don't care about legs can do in my gym.

I have pretty good calf strength since I'm a one-leg jumper... you take the hips out in a depth jump so it's calf+quad.

You might say "yeah but I have a 2x low bar squat". My question is - what about high bar? What about a quad-driven squat? Because  if you're good in putting out hip power in the low bar squat that will mask the lack of quad strength.

I don't know about you, but I will start doing high volumes of high bar squatting with light to moderate weights (think something like 4x10 with ~50% of my low bar 1RM).

Other than that you need to put yourself in situations that call for you maintaining that foot dorsiflexion, which is what consecutive hurdle jumps do.

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 502