Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 502
4381
I would never play with a taped "fixed" ankle... no thanks, I don't want an injured knee because of it.

4382
Powerlifting / Strongman / Re: Tom Martin
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:57:14 am »
How the heck did I miss this thread so far?!

4383
He increased his vertical quite a bit lately:


4384
RVJ- 34 inches :personal-record:
Dunk off the dribble.


Off one or two feet?

4385
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Myree head over rim
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:00:53 pm »
You're really forcing the issue on pullin the Avishek quote again, eh?

4386
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Myree head over rim
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:51:54 am »
Well good for him. I probably wouldn't squat either in that situation. Why risk a ton by squatting, not being fresh to dunk, so on and so forth, when you can jump 40+ without that?

4387
In my opinion the way you increase your maximum controllable speed is:

1) Try to jump faster every time
2) Doing high tension consecutive jumps (depth jumps, single leg bounds) so that you get accostumed to that level of overload that your jump leg will have to take in and control in the plant.

4388
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Myree head over rim
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:28:07 am »
I asked him if he increased his squat.

He replied "I've increased my faith, man...".

Go figure.

4389
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: June 25, 2012, 07:06:23 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEA9qGf5uk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEA9qGf5uk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBWVt_R9vQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBWVt_R9vQ</a>

4390
The question is - how can you increase the maximum controllable speed in the one-leg jump?

4391
Pics, Videos, & Links / Myree head over rim
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:41:32 pm »
As a side note, watch his left arm twist and coil :D (0:20 for example)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zL7wohPJYU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zL7wohPJYU</a>

4392
Yeah I completely agree. Plus the squats target many more muscles so... there ya have it.

However I did hip thrusts in the past and they were pretty good, I'm jumping higher now despite barely squatting 120x3 yesterday so... there has to be something (I also do kettlebell swings which are basically "power" hip thrusts)

4393
Basketball / Re: A WHOLE BUNCH OF DUNKS AND SHIT.
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »



4394
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: June 24, 2012, 06:51:22 am »
Yeah I couldn't understand that... how can you deload by 10% if you pick up where you left off? wtf :P

4395
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: June 23, 2012, 07:09:20 pm »
A bit funny but very efficient:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpF9MmfrKzo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpF9MmfrKzo</a>

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 502