Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 502
4876
[beastmode]

Alot of the loggers have. PR forum.  :headbang:

Hard working forum = PR forum , its just as simple.

3x150kg(330lbs) half squat, 8x110kg(242lbs ) romanian deadlift , both@~86kg(~189lbs) BW ,  :personal-record:

[/beastmode]

 :wowthatwasnutswtf:

4877
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:02:15 am »
You people scare me with these %s. I can back squat low bar 150 kg and my best hang power clean is 77.5 kg (but I can't catch on the shoulders so that's a big limiting thing).

4878
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Age vs Vertical
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:55:05 am »
Damn nice :highfive: :ibsquatting: :wowthatwasnutswtf:

4879
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »
What was the frequency in doing your power cleans?

4880
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:29:41 pm »
Olympic lifts are the best way to bridge the two.

By this you mean the Olympic lifts themselves or you're actually meaning any kind of strength-speed exercise? If so, then you could substitute the O-lifts with jump squats and get the same if not more.

You could bridge that gap with jump squats and depth jumps.

4881
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:05:28 pm »
I agree ^^^

And yeah, upper body hypertrophy? :-X

The thing is - should you struggle with hang cleans and hang snatches (if you learn them by yourself etc) or should you just go with jump squats and that's it?

4882
Thanks Flander, you have been doing good lately as well :highfive:

4883
140x7 deadlift :personal-record: today and close to passing out

4884
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:39:23 am »
Yeah I agree with you Steven about the dangers of squatting.

The thing with the snatch is that it's much easier to mess up and you're going to need to drop the bar from over your head to who knows where...

At least in my particular case, when I get to 50 kg that's already too much for my shoulders to hadle safely (I can get the bar overhead but in that position I can barely control it) so basically, even though I could use more weight and actually get benefits from that I can't. These exercises are an alternative to using more weight while still getting triple extension, an explosive movement and posterior chain dominant.

4885
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:20:57 pm »
Well yeah but a squat is more controllable exercise. The bar stays in one place (on your back) and you just move your body. You can also be much more precise in the amount of weight you can safely squat.

In a snatch you can miss a lift with what you'd think is a safe weight because it's much more technical. Plus, the bar flies around and needs to be stabilized by the arms/shoulders which is much harder to do. It's one thing to squat and another to jump with a heavy bar and put it over your head and we both know it.

4886
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 22, 2012, 12:24:24 pm »
Right, and if by any chance you miss a lift and can't control the bar as it's over your head AND can't drop the bar, what do you do? :uhhhfacepalm:

4887
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Hang Snatch Alternative
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:31:02 am »
You're missing the point ^^^

First off, gyms, in contrary to popular beliefs, don't grow in trees. In my area there are barely 3 gyms with 2 of them being pretty much "health" gyms with no free weights. The 3rd, where I go, has free weights but you won't see anybody doing snatches and cleans and dropping the bar on the floor.

These are perfectly acceptable exercises as clean and snatch replacements^^^

4888
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: A few dunks by Me, Flip and Raptor
« on: January 22, 2012, 07:49:14 am »
Nightfly 6'5, me and Flip ~5'11-6'0.

4889
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Kingfush
« on: January 21, 2012, 03:58:42 pm »
I don't know how you can eat cow meat... first of all it really sucks taste wise and secondly, and most importantly, it takes about 10 minutes to masticate one piece at a time.

4890
I remember when I was struggling to squat 130x1 one week ago after not squatting for a week straight... and complaining about it... and then I just came back the next workout and squatted 130x5 no problems. So... who knows? Maybe the next time you hit the gym you're going to squat 405x5 no problems.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 502