Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 502
5116
I read that IRC log, no idea what is that all about ;D

PS. Actually I do, but... :ninja:

5117
Check the coil at 0:20 here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUrQPLcffYU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUrQPLcffYU</a>

5118
Well if he had the strength to safely do off the backboard Avishek drops then he probably could jump pretty high as well is my guess. We all know how efficient bone-wise Avishek drops are.

5119
Avishek bone drops:


5120
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: Any Help Would Be Great
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:30:47 am »
Weird. Never expected you'd have a different head.

5121
Sorry but I don't see any coiling. Are you sure you're doing it right?

5122
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:48:29 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POP_lbTAy5A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POP_lbTAy5A</a>

5123
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hautp0yV49I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hautp0yV49I</a>

5124
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Flexibility issue
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:20:07 am »
Maybe, but my point of this thread is that I bend forward at the waist when I jump, not necessarily when I squat. It also happens in the deadlift. I just can't sink well at the hips - I've seen people that do that so well without getting out of position or balance, they just sink into their hips backward with almost no forward knee transition (for an extreme, think Steve Cotter).

If you put me to do that I'd definitely bend forward or I'd fall back. Cotter was talking about the lower abs not firing or something like that to prevent the falling back from happening. So the issue is with jumping... my natural tendency when jumping off two feet is not to throw my legs forward and jump (and involve the hips) but to plant my legs under me as in a standing VJ and jump like that, which automatically means bend at the knees a lot. If I want to jump with hip involvement I have to think about that before the jump (actually before the run-up itself) so it's not natural but voluntary.

5125
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Flexibility issue
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:38:14 am »
Well I could probably lift as well as he does if you gave me his shoes... I have never seen such shoes around here.

5126
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »
single leg is indeed more demanding and applies more pressure on the whole leg and body, u're not used to it yet i guess

I disagree, I can jump endlessly off one leg, but off two, after a few tries, I'm burned out. Totally inefficient.

5127
A long penultimate usually will mean a low penultimate as well. It's in the search of "low" that you do that long step, and pretty much everybody else does IMO. If you reach out with your leg forward you will automatically lower your center of gravity as well.

5128
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: recent dunk pics
« on: September 06, 2011, 01:58:10 am »
I think they parked it there just to test your VJ... :ibjumping:

5129
What if you get your penultimate LOWER instead of longer? It might be better as there will be less breaking effect due to length, that is currently occuring.

5130
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Kingfish
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:23:11 pm »
Who knows how many roids has he pumped into the system :-*

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 502