5131
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Flexibility issue
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:10:11 pm »
Check 3:40 here where he talks about seeing the shirt in the mirror. I can't really do that, I can barely lift my chest enough to see my chest in the mirror, meaning my chest is almost parallel to the ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDmWMrKT7U4
This also happens when I jump. When I plant off two legs, VOLUNTARILY trying to throw my feet forward in front on my body (otherwise I have the tendency to put both my legs straight under me like in a one-leg jump), my upperbody automatically bends forward as in an effort to try to stabilize the center of mass, and from there everything messes up.
The people I see that jump very well are the people that can plant with the feet in front of the body and kind of sinked into the hips with the torso almost erect (as in sitting in a chair basically) but because they have good approach speed in the plant they don't fall on the back but instead go up.
For me it's more a matter of preventing myself on falling on the back, on the heels, and thus bending forward at the waist. I want to correct that in both the deadlift and the jump.
How can I correct that? I don't even know the the nature of the problem is: flexibility, bad mechanics (using the wrong muscles in the wrong places), or just a mental thing that forces me to take into account these possible scenarios and make me get into these positions.
It's really weird and I lose tons of inches in my VJ. Even in my SVJ you can see that I go a bit down at the hips, knees bend forward BUT MY TORSO GOES DOWN and comes close to being parallel with the ground.
So instead just going down as in a squat with a torso as much as vertical as possible, I do a goodmorning and jump opening up my chest instead of using the legs.
This is the problem ^^^
You can see some of that here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-NYUQTIkQo
Although it's a SVJ (comes natural to me), in a running VJ there's even more bending occuring.
For the deadlift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaSLaWp28No
Look at my torso, it's parallel to the ground when I initiate the lift.
This also happens when I jump. When I plant off two legs, VOLUNTARILY trying to throw my feet forward in front on my body (otherwise I have the tendency to put both my legs straight under me like in a one-leg jump), my upperbody automatically bends forward as in an effort to try to stabilize the center of mass, and from there everything messes up.
The people I see that jump very well are the people that can plant with the feet in front of the body and kind of sinked into the hips with the torso almost erect (as in sitting in a chair basically) but because they have good approach speed in the plant they don't fall on the back but instead go up.
For me it's more a matter of preventing myself on falling on the back, on the heels, and thus bending forward at the waist. I want to correct that in both the deadlift and the jump.
How can I correct that? I don't even know the the nature of the problem is: flexibility, bad mechanics (using the wrong muscles in the wrong places), or just a mental thing that forces me to take into account these possible scenarios and make me get into these positions.
It's really weird and I lose tons of inches in my VJ. Even in my SVJ you can see that I go a bit down at the hips, knees bend forward BUT MY TORSO GOES DOWN and comes close to being parallel with the ground.
So instead just going down as in a squat with a torso as much as vertical as possible, I do a goodmorning and jump opening up my chest instead of using the legs.
This is the problem ^^^
You can see some of that here:
Although it's a SVJ (comes natural to me), in a running VJ there's even more bending occuring.
For the deadlift:
Look at my torso, it's parallel to the ground when I initiate the lift.