Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 502
3451
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Quadriceps picture
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:50:59 am »
Post up what exercises you do for VMO strengthening.

If I could get my VMOs to your level I'd jump 40+ easily. Unfortunately for me, they haven't grown in what, 12 years of training non-stop?

I'm currently doing this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrUOEwTDbqA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrUOEwTDbqA</a>

and deep bulgarian split squats.

But you are the living proof that what you did works so ... that's my question.

3452
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Some dunks from a 5'10 guy
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:30:42 am »
Did you see...?

3453
You're intentionally not locking the knees up at the top?

3454
Introduce Yourself / Re: Hello from a guy who wants jump high
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:29:15 am »
You should post a picture with your quads.

3455
Definitely the repeatable poundage. I mean the PR does indicate something good is happening, but if you can only pull that off when the stars align and under psyche-out conditions then you won't really "use" that strength on the field.

So I'm with Kingfish on this one.

3456
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:05:06 pm »
For all you pitbull lovers:


3457
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:09:39 pm »

 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKZWfpjqeKA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKZWfpjqeKA</a>

Pigeon shooters= scum of the earth.  Cant understand how penn allows this slime.

Didn't watch it. I bred pigeons (my family and all that) for the last what, ~60 years, so I have a pretty good idea of stuff.

They shoot my pigeons, I shoot their eggs. And I mean THEIR eggs.

3458
By the way LBSS - did you do any cleans/snatches as of yet?

When I was doing my broad jumps/2-leg bounds as plyos (I have a ~10m area in the gym where I can do these) - I played around with doing snatches (or shall I call them "standing power hip thrusts" at that time) and I had a 90cm increase in my 3 2-leg bounds or something like that.

It really potentiated the posterior chain and I used that potentiation immediately in the jumps (so I was alternating snatches with 2-leg bounds or broad jumps).

You could also probably complex heavy very low volume half squats with depth jumps etc

3459
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: on the toad to 40
« on: February 09, 2013, 01:58:21 am »
^ obv u were being sarcastic.  i'm not dumb bro.  and you're right, blind squatting is tough at near 1 rm and it almost got bad.  i was also doing it on an unstable foot/ankle.

That sounds pretty dumb to me :P

3460
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: on the toad to 40
« on: February 08, 2013, 07:38:43 pm »
I was being sarcastic, you know. You can play with that with very low weights and after years of squatting, when your movement efficiency is perfect. That's NOT your situation.

3461
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: February 08, 2013, 06:53:29 am »


Mike Tyson with a leash? Unique picture!

3462
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: on the toad to 40
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:41 pm »
Wait... so you're trying to squat blindfolded near 1RM weights?

Sounds pretty smart and safe. Try on a bosu ball the next time, it gives an added balance bonus.

3463
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Eric's Journal
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:42:04 am »
Looks like a ton of glute there.

3464
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »
^ wow.

 :wowthatwasnutswtf:

Yeah it truly is "amazing". We label a bunch of stuff as amazing but this one really is the definition of the word.

3465
Bios / Re: Animals
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:41:16 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPvsB9-_J0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPvsB9-_J0</a>

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 502