Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Raptor

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 502
4231
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EisgyL4gnkg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EisgyL4gnkg</a>

4232
MEBM makes me pass out. Unless I'm doing half squats instead of full squats with it.

4233
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Scooby 2011 Journal
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:44:20 am »
Why do you use a 36 inch box? Just because it's written in the Boing program?

4234
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Joint by joint vert
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:35 am »
This makes me think of a possible debate between a clean and a powerclean. Which one is more essential for field athleticism and which one is useful for, well, cleaning more weight.

4235
high bar?

4236
Gatlin is my hero. Glad he got a medal.

You mean Will Smith?

4237
I think Bolt also has to do less work considering that his strides are so much longer, so he does less strides per 100m than the others.

4238
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Kettlebell Swing Science
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:57 am »
If you use plates for swings I'd suggest plates no bigger than 10 kg since the diamater increases too much and it becomes a pain to do it (you have to be careful not to hit the ground with the plate etc).

I'd just patch together 2x10g and use them like that instead of using a 20kg plate.

4239
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Joint by joint vert
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:32:53 am »
Maybe the low bar squat is "superior" (in lack of a better term) because men usually have overactive quads and strong quads to begin with, so doing low bar squats makes the posterior chain slowly catch up with the quads and balance stuff.

But then again - it depends on so many factors. LB does allow more weight though, but it's important how that weight is driven up.

4240
ADARQ & LanceSTS - Q&A / Re: Additional strength exercises
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:24:20 am »
Wait... so if I masturbate often I'm not a true athlete?

Sheesh... no wonder I suck at jumping

4241
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Joint by joint vert
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »
I personally squat low bar due to knee issues but I do put a ton of quad involvement in the squat. So I'm somewhere in the middleground.

4242
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Joint by joint vert
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:34:21 pm »
Maybe you look too simplistic on things Steven. You can say stuff like "the quads can't do this or can't do that" but the question is - are they supposed to do the majority of work?

What I mean is that if you can't "reach" your glutes and make them work in the squat the quads will overload a ton and try to compensate the lack of glute drive by working more, and they will fail and you might end up thinking "oh, I have weak quads, look at them fail", when in reality they weren't supposed to get overloaded like that in the first place if the glutes were to actually do their job.

So you gotta take that into account as well - sometimes the failure of a group of muscles is a direct effect of the weakness of another group of muscles.

4243
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: funny / horrible training videos
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:27:20 pm »
Yeah definitely... I mean, could you be faker than that if you're Maurice Green?

Those guys could've said anything he would've agreed no matter how stupid.

4244
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: chasing athleticism
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright

Oooook... time for your medication now...

4245
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Joint by joint vert
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:35:26 pm »
Yeah and also I would add that doing two exercises, say a front squat and a RDL for quad and glute/ham development is hard to correlate.

Can you safely say a 100 kg front squat has the same effect on the quads as a 100 kg RDL does for the glutes and hams or not? Can you say, if you have a front squat/high bar squat of 100 kg and a RDL/hip thrust of 100 kg that you're completely balanced? How do you balance these two things when there are different levers, ROMs, supporting muscles etc at work?

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 502