Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - LBSS

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 703
10036
400m Sprinting or Shorter / Re: Bolt Injured
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:10:18 pm »
dang...now tyson has best shot at getting the championship next year...hopefully tyson can remain uninjured and get the world record for U.S.

how did he get injured?

Nah I think Bolt will be back and 100% health for next year. He's been claiming that this would be an intentional down year, anyway. I don't believe that a healthy Bolt is touchable by anyone at this point, Gay included.

10037
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:08:41 pm »
Ending that quote tree right there. I recommended my place to this weird guy at my gym who has unbelievably impinged shoulders (like when he tries to put his arms over his head, he can't go past his eyes). Apparently the last time he was there the lady turned the music up because she "didn't want everyone else to hear the screaming."

10038
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:51:56 pm »
With respect to the foam rolling, my legs (IT bands, parts of quads, calves, peroneals, parts of hamstrings, soleus, etc.) are a mess. I basically just reeeeally took my time yesterday, doing long pauses on painful spots, of which I have lots. They feel fine most of the time but as soon as I start applying pressure the fun begins.

Get a deep tissue massage?

Been there, done that. See my log a few pages back, all that trigger point therapy stuff is basically targeted deep tissue. It hurts like a motherfucker but once I'm done with conventional PT I'll probably start doing the manual therapy again like once a month or so.

Right-O.

BTW, I couldn't recommend deep tissue/TPT more highly. It feels great. Afterward.

10039
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:12:21 pm »
With respect to the foam rolling, my legs (IT bands, parts of quads, calves, peroneals, parts of hamstrings, soleus, etc.) are a mess. I basically just reeeeally took my time yesterday, doing long pauses on painful spots, of which I have lots. They feel fine most of the time but as soon as I start applying pressure the fun begins.

Get a deep tissue massage?

Been there, done that. See my log a few pages back, all that trigger point therapy stuff is basically targeted deep tissue. It hurts like a motherfucker but once I'm done with conventional PT I'll probably start doing the manual therapy again like once a month or so.

10040
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:37:03 am »
With respect to the foam rolling, my legs (IT bands, parts of quads, calves, peroneals, parts of hamstrings, soleus, etc.) are a mess. I basically just reeeeally took my time yesterday, doing long pauses on painful spots, of which I have lots. They feel fine most of the time but as soon as I start applying pressure the fun begins.

10041
400m Sprinting or Shorter / Re: Bolt Injured
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:17:13 am »
Yeah he did not look very good in the last race. I'm not surprised. Goes with his theme of saving everything until next year.

10042
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: August 09, 2010, 09:25:52 pm »
warm up
shoot hoops -- on fucking fire (for me), at least 80% going in from mid-range out to three point range
foam roll x40 mins (not a typo, this was intense)
mobility + jump rope

ankle rehab

work
trap bar DL 3x8x280 -- breezy (touch and go on second and third sets, but still)
BSS 5x120/ea, 2x5x100/ea (DBs)
Pallof press 3x10x70

cool down
stretch

Dicked around with the jump rope towards the end, felt great, no tweaking in the ankle and even got a good double-under roll going.

10043
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: RutgersDunker-360 Rubik's Cube Dunk
« on: August 09, 2010, 09:22:05 pm »
Clever clever  ;)

10044
fuck vertical jump when you can double-backflip 720 of a building...

Fixed.

10045
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:06:39 am »
I wake up at 5:30 so I can go to the gym at 6, make breakfast at 7 and be ready to go to work by 8 am.  :P

Props.

10046
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: August 07, 2010, 06:20:45 pm »
Went to practice today. Threw around some, ran a couple drills. Didn't cleat up. At the end did a little light sprinting + pushups and situps workout with a few of my teammates. Ankle felt okay.

10047
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: THE DREAM JOURNAL
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:13:48 pm »
i had a really odd dream last night.. i was driving some girl home and i went into this place, where i had to handle snakes.. i had to hold venomous snakes by the side of their face, squeezing hard, so they couldn't bite, then pass them off to someone else.. it went on like this for a while.. everything was rattle-snake looking.. someone got bit.. girl disappeared halfway throguh the dream.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhvOeNCKhs&feature=related

10048
Calisthenics, Bodyweight Training, Gymnastics, Parkour / Re: Monkey Man
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:49:19 am »
5.7 is an easy climb, but still. Holy shit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUUuOyQ21o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUUuOyQ21o</a>

10049
Calisthenics, Bodyweight Training, Gymnastics, Parkour / Re: Monkey Man
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:46:42 am »
Yeah that vid is absolutely awesome. The move he does around 0:47 is insane.

10050
Football / Re: Racism in NFL Draft
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:41:16 am »
video is private so i cannot see it

This.
The video, shown above, is private and I can not watch it.

Are you happy now Joe?

???

I was not commenting on the correctness of your grammar.

"This" is roughly equivalent to saying "x2."

damn................................um...................well.........your always correcting me........................    ..........um..........sorry?

By the way, you should have said "Are you happy now, Joe?" You forgot the comma.

Hahahaha. Best post series on here in a while.

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 703